HomeProperty InsuranceWhy choose our unoccupied property cover?

Why choose our unoccupied property cover?

Landlord Insurance provides protection for the building itself, the contents (if you opt for contents cover), a number of liabilities that may come through owning such a property, and in many cases, compensation for loss of rental income in the event of an insured incident.

Whilst that is all very well and good, many landlords inevitably experience times when the property is unoccupied.

For example, on the turnaround of old and new tenancies or at the very start of your role as a landlord, when the building may need repairs, redecoration or refurbishment.

Because Landlord Insurance policies typically lapse or expire if the property becomes empty for longer than a period of 30-45 consecutive days, a standalone alternative – insurance cover for unoccupied property – is available to maintain the comprehensive protection you need.

Keep reading to find out why you should buy Unoccupied Property Insurance from UKinsuranceNET.

11 reasons to get cover from UKinsuranceNET

Now you know why you might need cover, the next step is finding a dependable provider. UKinsuranceNET is a tried and trusted provider of insurance cover for unoccupied property.

Here are 11 reasons why you should consider using our well-established brokerage services to secure the right cover for you.

1. All properties covered

We have policies available for any type of premises (whether for owner-occupied homes, holiday homes or landlords’ residential or commercial property).

2. Variable cover periods

Unlike many forms of insurance, you do not need to commit to the entire year but may choose from policies that offer up to 90 days cover – extending that period if it becomes necessary.

3. Flexible payment terms

Flexibility may also be secured with those of our providers which allow interest-free payments by Direct Debit and impose no cancellation charges – so letting you buy the cover only for as long as you need it.

4. No vacancy restrictions

None of our providers impose any restriction on the period during which the property may be unoccupied.

5. Minor works included

Even when it is only minor works responsible for the building being temporarily unoccupied – such as refitting a bathroom or kitchen, for example – you are still likely to want a level of insurance cover that protects against such potentially costly risks as flooding, theft and malicious damage.

6. Major works covered

By the same token, if the building works are major, we have insurers still prepared to offer comprehensive cover for your property whilst it is temporarily unoccupied.

7. Extended liability cover

Conventionally, property owner’s liability cover (also known as public liability cover) is offered at a standard limit of claims up to £2 million, but some of our providers can extend this limit to as much as £5 million.

8. Poor credit history accepted

Some of our customers may have a poor credit history or even county court judgements or bankruptcy recorded against their names. However, for some of our providers, this is no obstacle to securing the cover needed.

9. All types of buildings covered

Whatever your type of building – even if it is a non-conventional construction, a listed building or divided into individual flats – we are still able to offer house insurance for an empty property.

10. Past claims no object

Even if your past record shows a number of high-value claims, or you have made several claims in the past few years, some of our providers are still content to offer cover.

11. Past insurable events considered

Similarly, where properties have a past record of flooding, subsidence, landslip or heave, this may prove no obstacle to many of our providers.

This may prove invaluable since some agencies, including the Citizens Advice Bureau, recognise that finding cover for properties that have suffered such problems in the past might be difficult.

Get insurance cover for unoccupied property at UKinsuranceNET

Our sole aim is to identify the most appropriate Unoccupied Property Insurance to suit your particular needs and circumstances by matching these to one or more of the many providers we do business with.

You may find that our experience and expertise in this regard not only ensures that you secure the right level of insurance, but that it is also offered at a competitive price.

UKinsuranceNet has been a leading UK provider of bespoke insurance for landlords for more than 20 years. We specialise in niche protection products, including specialised house insurance for empty property.

If you’re likely to leave your home empty for extended periods, for whatever reason, don’t run the risk of invalidating your regular home insurance. Take out insurance cover for unoccupied property from UKinsuranceNET.

We can provide instant online quotes from a range of insurers, so you can find the right level of cover for your property. Plus, our advisers are on hand to provide help and support if you’d rather speak to someone.

Get an instant online quote or call us on 01325 346328 to secure the right policy for you.

NB: This blog was first published on 1 December 2020 and has since been updated to provide the most accurate and up-to-date information available.